1 lb. wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup ghee
¼ cup avocado oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
Lemon zest, about 2-inch strip
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ cup white wine (optional)
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Season shrimp to taste with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. ghee and 2 Tbsp. avocado oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, lemon zest and red pepper flakes (if using); cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, cook until pink, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
4. Pour in wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then add in remaining ghee and oil.
5. Once the ghee has melted, bring shrimp back to the pan and sprinkle in chopped parsley.
6. Remove lemon peel and serve shrimp alone, or over paleo noodles. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/paleo-shrimp-scampi/